Friday, March 4, 2016

#SOL Day 4I Lost Them...and I Don't Want to Find Them!!

 The theme today is: a lost item...

It is Friday afternoon. All the kids have rushed out of the doors; followed almost as quickly by most of the teachers and staff!! And I find myself walking in circles. Around and around and around our building. Listening to music and checking my steps on my Fitbit!! Why? Because I've lost a few pounds and several inches!! But where today's inspiration was a lost glove and what was found along the way; I don't want to find those pounds or inches and maybe a few extra!! This is such a stressful time of year for teachers. State testing is on the horizon. Open House is next week. Are we really going to finish this project in time? :) Spring Break is at the end of next week.  Have I packed yet? Well that's kind of difficult when I still have to plan what I am wearing, wash it and make sure that it isn't part of next week's schedule!! And if I am not careful this stress turns to eating. Which would mean I might find those pounds and inches that I worked so hard to lose.
So how does this teacher make sure that what was lost isn't found? I walk!! In circles! In place! And I breathe and realize that this is only a little slice of my life!! Whew!! I can do this!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I have lost and found several times, and am desperately trying to lose again. unfortunately, I am a stress eater! Oh, how I wish I could be one of those people who "just can't eat a thing" when they are stressed out! Your post made me look at this weight loss journey in a new light...don't lose....get rid of! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lost and found several times, and am desperately trying to lose again. unfortunately, I am a stress eater! Oh, how I wish I could be one of those people who "just can't eat a thing" when they are stressed out! Your post made me look at this weight loss journey in a new light...don't lose....get rid of! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just keep finding those pounds for everyone. lol. Good for you for taking charge. I love that this slice is such a small moment and yet something so big in your life right now.

    ReplyDelete