Sunday, July 3, 2016

Teacher's Write 2016
June 28, 2016

Today's assignment: 100 Steps

I modified my assignment so that it landed me at a Starbuck's that I don't normally frequent. So for 10 minutes, I am just going to observe and record...

Music playing overheard
Customers ordering fru fru drinks
A person bent over their drink, earbuds wrapped around their ears- either deep in thought or quietly asleep
An iPhone signaling someone has a new message or text
Baristas dropping dishes
Silly laughs resulting
Animated conversations between friends


This picture is in front of me at Starbucks.  And I think it captions what I saw and heard.

                       Seconds, Minutes, Hours, It's Life

           The music blares from some speaker overhead
She is bent over her drink, is she deep in thought or asleep?
      "I'll have a Frappuccino, please, light on the cream."
Drop, crash, laughter all around, what a sight, seeing coffee on the ground...
             "But then you know what I said to him?"

Everyday people. Everyday events. Putting their heart into their job and into their lives. And just because I chose to sit back and observe I got to see it unfold in front of me!! How much more we could see, when we put our heart into it...

No comments:

Post a Comment