Sunday, July 3, 2016

Teacher's Write 2016
June 27, 2016 What's In Your Notebook?

Let me start off by saying that I have been looking forward to participating in Teacher's Write since last summer! I encouraged people to join me and be a reader who writes and a writer who reads. So what happened? Why am I over a week late to the party? Because I took my yearly vacay with my sisters and this year's cruise was nothing short of spectacular!! And I have had a hard time re-entering the real world!! I have taken a nap. every. single. day! I have yet to finish unpacking my suitcase! And I am counting the days to my next getaway!!

So with that me being said, I decided today, I have to take the plunge and dive in!! I will be behind for a couple of days, but, I really want to be present in this writing camp!! So as we said in Jamaica, "No problem, mon!!"

What's In Your Notebook? asks the age old question- electronic or paper and pencil? Each year I struggle with way I want to record my summer musing and thoughts. I always start with paper and pencil, because just like books, I like the feel and smell of paper. Then I will transfer to digital so that I can share and collaborate with others. I love how it is suggested that we need to make sure that for our learners the notebook belongs to them and that it is for them. Too many times as teachers, we feel the need to tell our learners what to write or how to record it. What if this was truly of collection or a house for their thoughts, their dreams, their wonders? I've bookmarked this blog entry so I can revisit it early August before school starts.


No comments:

Post a Comment